I’m sorry to report that my hall decking isn’t the best this year. I’m continuously surprised how much larger this house is than our townhome, and that’s never been more apparent than the weekend after Thanksgiving when I pulled out all of our holiday decor and didn’t have nearly as much as I needed to make this house light up over the Christmas season!
While we’ve got the tree up (a replacement tree, really, as the old one was damaged in our moving/storage of it), and I’ve pulled out new mantle decorations, and found old ribbons and mini wreaths, it’s just not enough to gloat about. I thought, instead, this year, I’d leave you with just a few glimpses of our space, and a few links to some of my favorite Christmas finds on the web:
- The first year we used Pottery Barn’s buffalo check, now a favorite here.
- Aerin Lauder’s library.
- The gorgeous tree and mirrors at the Ambassador Hotel in Chicago.
- The daily wanderings of Habitually Chic along the UES in New York, which gives us beauties like this.
- The stupidly adorable invite for Brunch with Santa at the Colony in Palm Beach.
- A rundown of the NYC windows for any holiday travelers.
- Griswold-inspired decor that was a little too good.
- This Palm Springs-style gingerbread house (OMG).
- Everything Erin Gates does is amazing, including her 2016 Christmas decor.
- Also, this old photo of her holiday living room that inspired our green sofa.
- Sarah and Emmett from Room For Tuesday got the perfect snowy photos of their home in 2019.
- Preppy Kitchen’s Christmas Tree Cake, that I’m not even going to try and attempt. Too cute!
- Finally, this remote and snowy cabin in Skykomish, Washington, where we’re hoping to spend a quiet Spring Break.
** this post is not sponsored in any way. all thoughts and opinions are my own **
** photos by Lana Carroll **