If any of you have been paying the slightest bit of attention to our home reveals, or if I’m lucky enough to have ever had you as a houseguest, you know that I’m a bit of a wallpaper hound. I love the way a great paper can make or break a space. Think of your grandmomma’s 1970’s bathroom versus Carrie and Big’s apartment in the second Sex and the City movie.
As far as the hubs and I go, we have a grasscloth in the dining room, the blue Fornasetti wallpaper in the bath I revealed a couple of weeks ago, and there’s a fabulous Farrow and Ball Lotus print paper in our office (which is still completely empty other than said wallpaper). I’m hoping to eventually add a grasscloth in the formal living room and on the back of the bookshelves in our den, and I have a wild hair up my rear about a possible white on white in our foyer, stairwell, and upstairs hall… we shall see.
I thought it may be fun to reveal a few papers I’ve spotted lately that I just adore, so without further ado…
- First thing first, this Nuvolette paper from Fornasetti. We have the navy color way in our powder room, but this pale gray would be gorgeous in an entry or bedroom.
- When looking for our powder room paper, I seriously considered this Gucci heron wallpaper in green, and didn’t have the guts to go for it. My friend Logan, did, though, and this pink version graces his powder room!
- This black and white hydrangea print wallpaper from Rifle Paper Company is feminine and classic, and looks a little vintage. It may end up going in my closet…
- Our office has had this paper hung from Farrow and Ball in a greige and white. Looking something like a cross between a Dr. Seuss character and a jellyfish, it’s textured and busy in the best way.
- This black vinyl grasscloth is in our dining room. I’m 99% sure that the same paper in this snow color is going to go on the walls in the living room.
- Erin Gates just released a line of papers, and this star spangled one would work just as well in a dining nook as it would in a little boy’s room.
- Are you a little more color-happy and brave than I am? How great would this paper from Christian Lacroix look in a bathroom?!
- I. LOVE. THIS speckled black and white print!!
- This bamboo trellis print from Kravet would be a fantastic option for a sunroom or a sunny living area.
- If you’re craving something subtle, this tone on tone from Serena and Lily would fit in pretty much perfectly in any room I can think of.
- For geometric lovers, and mid-century nuts, Scalamandre has a wealth of very cool patterned grasscloths, like this one and this one.
- Also from Sclalamandre, can you imagine this crazy, slashy goodness above a white wainscoting in a dining room?
- Do you rent? Are you scared to commit? Try this gorgeous turquoise pattern, this fun flock of flamingos, or this red Scalamandre zebra print- all of them removable- from Target!
** this post is not sponsored in any way. all thoughts and opinions are my own **
** photo by Don Lehman **